Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ten Years

of marital bliss, and this is what I get?  Yikes.  Nothing says "It's been a great ten years" like purple flower balls and twisted bamboo??
I called Todd and told him he had reached a whole new level of weirdness.
In his defense, he said the floral shop asked if he wanted traditional or contemporary. Obviously, he said contemporary, thinking traditional meant carnations and I loathe carnations, so I guess it was an honest mistake.  (But, for the record, I think I now loathe these purple flower ball thingys.  I really don't even know if they are flowers, but they are wierd.)

It kind of continues the trend.  I was living in Idaho Falls for the summer after my Junior year when Todd sent me an equally impressive bouquet of flowers for my birthday. That arrangement contained a lot of wheat and the world's stinkiest lilies.  It was the biggest floral arrangement I have ever seen.
Today's arrangement  may be the weirdest I've ever seen.  Todd, if you read this, I think the lesson we have learned here is that there are NO good floral shops in the I.F. area.  Save your money next time.
 
It was a great anniversary for both of us.  Todd spent the day stuck in the Minneapolis Airport, and I got thrown-up on by Charlotte.  Aahhh, the love. 

This is where I would post a picture from our wedding, but somehow all my negatives from the professional photographer got thrown away.  By me.  Don't ask.  And, mind you, this was before we all had digital cameras. Maybe I can scan in a picture my mom took.  Goodness.  How pitiful is that?
Just trust me.  We looked young and awesome.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They made them sound so much better over the phone! There was talk of multiple flowers, not just purple cotton balls!

Red Head Family said...

You are too cute-both of you!! Happy Anniversary!! Happy b-day too-see you later today I hope!

Kylie said...

I don't know... I kind of like them... Not my favorite but at least he's thinking about you. Last time I got flowers I bought them myself :)

Buffy said...

I like the purple ball things - my friend just bought some fake one to put in her house. 10 years - congratulations!

Automobile Birdsinger said...

I like it! I think the purple balls are pretty!!!:)