Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve

We are doing Christmas on Saturday the 24th, so hopefully we can focus more on the true meaning of Christmas on Sunday.

We saw Santa last week.  I don't think he's on to us.  For sure we will still get presents, right?

I made the most perfect batch of caramel apples for all the girls' teachers.

We made sugar cookies for Santa, but like always, we forgot to put them out.

And we opened our jammies before we went to bed. 

Maybe I am a total scrooge, but I just can't wait for Christmas to be over.  My kids seem to be horrible and whiny and mean to each other and I find myself threatening them many times throughout the day that Santa isn't going to bring them presents or that I am going to take presents back.  I've tried my hardest to have the spirit of Christmas in our home, but I think I've failed miserably this year.  
Hopefully we can put it all behind us when we open presents tomorrow.   

3 comments:

Par 5 said...

I love the idea of doing the presents and everything before Sunday...I wish we would have thought of that--I still have shopping to do tomorrow...rats! Anyway, super cute blog...your girls look exactly like you!

Automobile Birdsinger said...

You are pretty much the best mom ever! Such a good idea about celebrating before Sunday! And super cute pjs! And the apples?? Seriously? They look like Martha Stewart herself made them!! I am totally impressed!!!

Buffy said...

So cute - I hope you had a great Christmas! we are still celebrating Christmas Eve :) But I think Rich and I are right about to the limit of how much noise and yelling we can take, so it is almost bed time! Love Charlotte's little bob - it makes her look so much older. Your apples do look perfect!