Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break - The Arch


After the zoo we went to the mall for a little shopping and a late lunch.  We probably got to the the arch around 5:00.  The kids had been troopers.  Carver hadn't had a nap in two days, but he was still goin' strong.  We had really talked up how cool it was going to be to ride to the top
and look out over the city. 
Of course, when we got there the tours to the top were all booked for the day.  Apparently you have to get there in the morning, or at least a few hours early to get tickets. 
Who knew?

Underneath the arch is a museum.  We walked through, but the kids were tired, disappointed, and not very interested.  It was short and sweet. 
It took a lot of begging and pleading to even get them to take some pics. 

Once again, Macie exudes happiness...








Done.

2 comments:

Red Head Family said...

Looks like a good spring break-maybe we'll have to have a vacation out there!! Gotta love macie and her smiles!! Carver is such a boy looks so cute with his new haircut. The museum looks awesome!!!! Congrats on the calling-you know high council is bishop prep (that's we were told any way wink-wink!) Miss you-can't wait to see you in July!

Jillian said...

Your spring break was so MUCH better than ours of sitting on our tail ends watching it snow one day then rain the next and one day the sun peeped out. We are a little jealous. Congrats to Todd's new calling...and I hear you are coming this July is there a time better than another for some cabin time? Can't wait. :)And to answer your question about my Todd writing down all the times for my labor post....no no he does not. I can barely get him there let alone engaged in the process...however don't tell him I said that :) In fact a couple of times he has said he thinks I can do this next one by myself. (kidding of course I hope) I guesstimate a lot of the times but I always take my journal to write it down right after I have had my babies.