Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chicago

Through a series of miraculous events I was able to go to Chicago with Todd while he had conferences for work.  Seriously, THANK YOU so much to Jade and Grace and Rosemary for watching the kids!  It was a much needed break.
We left on Saturday, May 5th and returned Wednesday evening. Unfortunately is was pretty cold and rainy the whole time, but I still had fun exploring the streets of Chicago.
Our hotel was right off the Magnificent Mile, which is pretty much the main strip, so I was able to walk to all of the good shopping and restaurants.
 I hopped on the Red Trolley to drive all over the city.  Pretty cool.  Lots of neat history.  It really made me want to learn more about the Mafia. 




 One day I stopped at Marilyn and she was standing, the next day she was all in pieces.


 And the best part...all the food.  Oh, glorious food.
Giadorno's stuffed pizza

Portillo's Chicago style hot dog

1 comment:

Pat said...

Wow, what happened to Marilyn? Is she a travelling exhibit? Looks like a fun place to eat!!