Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas 2012




For years I've been saying we need to stop buying lame toys for Christmas.  This year I finally did it.  I told myself I would rather buy each child one really good gift rather then a handful of plastic toys that they toss aside after a few minutes.  Aside from some stocking stuffers, that is exactly what we did.
Riley got an Ipod touch and an Otterbox.  Macie got a Kindle Fire and a case.  Charlotte got an "American Girl" doll, and Carver got a train table. 
And guess what?  They all still play with them. 






My mom made adorable dresses for the girls and a tie for Carv.  Todd's mom sent money and the kids got to go to Children's Place and pick out their own new outfit, which is very rare and exciting for them since I buy all of their clothes when I am alone searching for good deals.


Christmas break meant Mom slept in and Dad made nummy breakfast every morning.

1 comment:

Pat said...

So great! Brought tears to my eyes.