Friday, November 8, 2013

Idaho Falls

After a day at Palisades Todd flew back to Owensboro and we spent a week in Idaho Falls at Grandma and Grandpa Madsen's house.

Riley finally started her mowing career

The Idaho Falls Zoo-


 Tie-dye with Grandma


Of course there were sewing projects!
 
      
     Charlotte and Macie made pillow cases and Riley used her
         lawn mowing money to buy fabric for a minky blanket. 



Carver pretty much ran around the store collecting candy and other treasures while the girls sewed. 
Good thing Grandpa is so patient!


Thanks to my mom, I got to spend a couple of days with my high school besties 
at Katy's family cabin up in Driggs.
Mom took the kids to the zoo again and to swim at Reinhart park. (Oh, the childhood memories I have from swimming at Reinhart. Is it just me, or did Mom drop us off and return hours later?  Seems like we spent a good amount of time unsupervised.  And cold.)
All so I could stay up talking and laughing with these girls until 4 in the morning.  


I love the temple, and I really miss living so close to one.  I love that my kids understand the importance of the temple and that temples make it possible for families to be together forever.
And I love that they continue to pray for a temple to be built in Owensboro. No matter how unrealistic that seems to me, their faith is undaunted!




We love Grandma and Grandpa so much.  
Whether sewing, boating, or picking raspberries, they are always fun!

No comments: