Sunday, December 29, 2013

MOPS

I go to a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at Bellevue Baptist Church.  I looked into it when we first moved here, just because I didn't know any other stay-at-home moms, but I talked myself out of walking into a room of Baptist women I didn't know.  A year later a family moved in across the street from us that goes to Bellevue. The mom, Beth, is a stay-at-home mom and we have become good friends.  I asked her if she went, she said she didn't but had thought about it.  I told her if she did to let me know and I would go with her.  Well, last year we started and it has been really fun. I have gotten to know so many great, faithful mothers, and I look forward to our meetings we have every other week.  Now that there are two other Mormon stay-at-home moms in Owensboro, I have convinced them to go as well.  So it is all these women that go to the Baptist church together and me and my two other Mormon buddies.
Usually we meet every other Tuesday from 9-11 and have a pot-luck breakfast and a guest speaker on family, discipline, relationships or some other relative topic. It has been really good this year.  A few of the girls I am friends with pretty much organize everything and I have been really impressed.  It is very uplifting. It reminds me that no matter what our religion may be, we are all trying our hardest to raise our children in Christian homes with Christian values. I really like it.
One of the annual family activities is to have a hot dog roast at the Claypool farm. The kids love it and it is a good chance for our husbands to associate with each other.


 Last year the fire was huge and flaming.  This year was quite disappointing with the smoldering briquettes. 

We also went to the Evansville Zoo.  Owensboro doesn't even have a zoo.  Pitiful.  No Zoo.  
No Old Navy. So weird. 
Sadly, the Evansville Zoo may have been the most pathetic zoo I have ever been to.  But it had its perks.  We got to feed the giraffes and the botanic garden was pretty cool.






No comments: