Friday, April 22, 2011

Hands-On

Todd is a hands-on kind of guy.  I like to think that I am a rather active person, but Todd is much more likely to jump in the pool while I sit on the side and absorb the sun. 
We are like that in many ways. 
I like to watch him do things.  He likes to do them.  It works out well.
Last week it was announced that Todd got a promotion at his company, Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline. He is now in a management position. 
They absolutely love him.  How could you not?  He is just about the most perfect person out there.  Handsome, hardworking, honest, patient...
Anyway, when they gave him the promotion, he called and told me the details.  I was really excited and happy for him, but at the same time, in the back of my head, there was the thought that it just meant longer in Kentucky.  Isn't that horrible?
I do like it here, but it is different.  The most obvious difference is the religious atmosphere.  Our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is a world-wide church.  In Idaho we were surrounded by other Mormons.  We went to church with our neighbors.  Our kids all went to school together.  Our lives revolved around each other and church activities. 
My life still revolves around my family and my church, but now my family is definitely the minority.  Our branch covers an area with about one hundred thousand people, and there are usually about sixty to seventy people at church each week.  Riley is the only member at her school.  Isn't that crazy?  It is to me. 
We live in a religious community and the people are absolutely wonderful.  It is just different.  I am still adjusting. 
I know it is true.  I just want everyone else to know it is true, too.
Wouldn't that be great?

2 comments:

BDawg said...

Ali really misses a lot of things about living in Las Vegas. Of course, there were a lot more Mormon's in Las Vegas than in Owensboro, but it was much, much different from Utah. For some reason, being LDS in Vegas was a lot cooler than in Salt Lake City. Still, I prefer here.

AND, KY got you to blog, so that is a bonus.

Buffy said...

Congratulations to Todd - Rich was telling me about the promotion, it sounds really great!! I can't imagine life without everyone around believing the same things we do.