Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Before and After

It's been done since June, but, as you know, I am not one to be up-to-date on these things.  I figured I would wait until I got decorations in the family room, but that is proving to be much more difficult and time consuming than I thought. 
I made the drapes, but now I'm not loving them.  I want to get this couch from Ikea to replace the red plaid one against the little half wall by the kitchen. 
And the fireplace is still not done.  I am planning on painting over the yucky tile with the white color and then doing a stencil design with the blue color. 
I love the kitchen.  The only problem I am having in there is the space above the cupboards.  I'm not a fan of knick-knacks....but what else do you put up there?  I left it bare for a month or two, then moved some craftys from other areas.  I'm still not sure.  Once you put one thing does that mean you have to fill the whole area with doo-dads?
Before:
After:




questionable knick-knacks
 questionable drapes:
 still-needs-a-lot-of-work family room:

And, not that you need video after all the pics, but does anyone know why my camera makes that clicky sound when I do video?  It's a Nikon D3100, and it's done it ever since I got it.Drives me crazy.

4 comments:

Buffy said...

It looks great! I like your knick-knack/doo dads. I think they look really cute. You could put some above your other cabinets on the other side of the window and I think that is enough. But I am no decorator! Love the color. Your family room is looking good. Cute lamp, cute chevron pillow and valance in the kitchen. You need to email the color of you walls. I am itching to paint again!

Kylie said...

I love it!
I think you have just the right amount of knick-knacks. Too many just look cluttered and become another thing to dust.

Andrea said...

I absolutely love it! One of these days when I get a nice kitchen, can I send you pictures and have you tell me what to do to make it better? Or can I just copy yours? Seriously, it looks great

Red Head Family said...

love it!! Love the J corner. yeah the living needs a little more something-not that I know what! Good job (or tell the painters good job!)