Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Stuff


Riley had a tooth that was really disgusting.  Just hanging on by a thread.  Todd tried to pull it, but she wouldn't open up.  She eventually went in the bathroom and yanked it herself.  I don't know what it is, but I am really sickened by loose teeth and pulling teeth.  It makes me gag just thinking about it.
Macie also lost her first tooth a week ago.  She is hilarious.  It was really wiggly, but there was no way she was going to let Todd touch it.  Apparently, at lunch on Thursday she took one bite of pizza and began crying.  Poor girl.  She said it just hurt too bad.  Her teacher helped her out by cutting her pizza, and I vowed to make her a "soft" lunch the next day.  Friday morning she woke up and showed me how loose it was.  I told her to go in and have Dad look at it (since I was gagging at the thought).  She showed Todd but quickly turned away averting any help.  She took one step and the tooth fell out in her mouth and she spit it on the floor.  Yea!  We all cheered and showed our excitement.  Immediately Macie explained that there was no way the tooth fairy was going to come in her room at night!  She was horrified!  Of the tooth fairy!  She DID NOT want some strange fairy person sneaking in her room.  It was too funny.  Todd put the tooth on our dresser, where it was quickly lost.  At bedtime I am still reassuring her that the tooth fairy will not come unless you want her to. 

Charlotte has always been clingy.  Even at night, when I go to a Relief Society activity or something, she sobs and cries and has to be pried from my leg so I can get out the door.  I had asked her this summer about going to preschool and she was not interested.  Well, apparently after a long month home with just me and Carver, she changed her mind.  After one particularly long day of whining and complaining I asked her, "Charlotte, do you want to go to preschool?"   "Yes.  Right now.  Today," was her reply.  I called the good old Church of Christ preschool that Macie went to, and we enrolled the next day.  She didn't even look back when I dropped her off. 

Riley continues with cross country.  After the good showing I posted about, last week things weren't quite as impressive.  Last week she ran with her BFF, Haley.  As I stood on the side of the course I waited.  And waited.  Soon little kindergartners were walking by.  Still, no Riley and Haley.  They eventually drug their feet to where I was standing, where they stopped and walked.  Riley grabbed her side.  I told Haley she didn't have to stop and wait for Riley and I could immediately tell by the look on her face that she was completely torn.  Run?  Stay with my friend?  She just didn't know what to do.  Of course they stayed together and eventually crossed the finish line around 8 minutes. 

Some Macie quotes:,
At bedtime she asked Todd to remind me to make her a lunch. 
Todd, "I'll remind her."
Macie, "No. You'll forget.  Daddy's forget everything because they are old and big."

While reading scriptures we stopped and asked her if she knew who the Messiah was.  "Dad, I'm just a kid.  I'm five and I don't even know what you are talking about."

Todd recently took the girls to daddy-daughter night at Chick-Fill-A.  I just saw it on their marquee and thought it sounded fun.  They were greeted by the cow and a man in a tux, they got to go in a horse drawn carriage ride around the block, they had roses on their table, they took pictures, and they got a little goodie bag.  It was really fun!

And, lastly, we have some excellent missionaries serving in Owensboro right now.  Our last set were excellent teachers, but they just didn't have the personality and enthusiasm that these elders have.  We continue the tradition of having them over for dinner and FHE every week, but it is much more exciting now.  Elder Daynes (not in this picture) is so funny.  He tells me over and over and over how wonderful my cooking is and says thank you a million times.  It is just funny because he is so genuine.  Who would have known Hawaiian haystacks could be so fabulous?  Homemade ice cream?  To die for.  Jello?  You've got to be kidding me!!
Elder Norton (in the picture) is on his way back to Arizona today.  We will miss him, but we hear that the new missionary is an all-star as well.


5 comments:

Kylie said...

I don't blame Macie with the tooth fairy thing. Think about it. Creepy. I was always scared of Santa. A fat man sneaks into your house from your chimney! And has little kids come sit on his lap for a candy cane! Creepy.

Automobile Birdsinger said...

You guys are sooo freaking cute!!! Your post make me smile!

Amy J said...

Holy cow...this post just made my day, and possibly my WEEK! Sure do love all of you KY people, and those kids are just too stinkin' cute/funny for words! <3 Hugs and smooches from Aunt Amy!

Pat said...

Adorable! Macie is great, thanks for the updates!

Buffy said...

I love reading the update of your family. And LOVE your kitchen. This is the first picture I am seeing of it done. What color is on your walls - I really like it. Love you family!