Monday, November 14, 2011

Week of Amy

Aunt Amy came to visit last Monday.  She flew direct to Owensboro, so I got the girls out of school to go
pick her up.  It was incredible!  The plane flew right over and landed on the runway literally less than one hundred yards from us. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera to document her arrival, our awesome sign, or the joy on the girls' faces.  Next time, Amy, next time. 
Amy spent her first day here entertaining all the kids while I made homemade rolls (practice run for Thanksgiving). Once again I was reminded of why I don't make them often.  They are wonderful, but it is a lot of work!
 We had dinner (and rolls) with the missionaries and an investigator, followed by a Family Home Evening on the Holy Ghost.  As you can see, Elder Thomson had the girls' complete attention.

Tuesday the girls were out of school for Election Day.  Seriously, Election Day. Want to know the surest way to get me NOT to vote?  Send all my kids home from school. 
Way to go, Kentucky.
 We utilized the time by getting ice cream cones and feather extensions.





 
On Wednesday it was to Riley's class for a read aloud.
(Amy's kind of a big deal like that.)

Then to Macie's class.

And lastly, Charlotte's preschool.


  On Thursday Amy had lunch with Riley and Mace at school,
then we made gingerbread houses when they got home. 

Are we still going?
I think during this UNO game I was taking my record breaking 3rd uninterrupted bath of the week. 
Thanks for coming to visit us, Amy!  We love you!

2 comments:

Amy J said...

As Charlotte would say, "Oh my DOODness!" X-) I'm so glad you posted these pics, Val...makes me want to hop on the plane and come right back to KY! Such such such a good visit with you, Toddy, and your cute kiddos...can't wait to see you all again in 31 days! :) Love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOO much! <3

Kylie said...

Wow. I think I want an Aunt Amy. This is awesome.