Wednesday, August 8, 2012

To Idaho

We started Idaho off with a trip out to see Great Grandma Madsen and to Rigby Lake. Ezri and Zane were with us and we also met up with Jillian Sleight and her kids.







When we got back to Grandma's we took bets to see how long Carver's diaper would hold.


I got to spend the weekend with my best friends from high school.  We've made it a tradition to go up to Jillian's parents' cabin in Island Park every year...I love these girls so much!
(Amy Hobbs Torngren, me, Jillian Maughan Sleight, Emily Thuernagle Grant, Sarah Stimpson Birch)

 Of course, we went to the zoo with Grandma.


And Grandma helped the girls sew these skirts-

Riley and Macie went to an Idaho Falls Chuckars game with Grandma and Grandpa where Riley caught a fly ball!  They were all so excited.  Riley got the Chuckar mascot to sign it, and they went up with the Murdock's in their suite when it was raining.  They had a blast.

It was Grandma's work party (the hospital), so we spent a day a Melaleuca Field doing rock climbing, the batting cages,  face paint, the dunk tank, and the water slides.


Carver rode this train around the field so many times.  There weren't any kids waiting, so he just kept circling over and over.  I finally had to get him off because I honestly thought he was going to fall asleep while on it.







We spent an afternoon at Gem Lake.
Grandma proved her swesomeness by tubing with Riley.



 Riley proved her awesomeness by crossing the wake for the first time.

I proved my awesomeness by getting up on my first attempt.

And Macie proved her awesomeness by trying to kneeboard for the first time...

almost.



We spent one evening at the Idaho Falls Temple and Visitor's Center.




Carver was very concerned about the marks on Christ's hands and feet.  He kept saying, "Owie, owie!" It was pretty sweet.



We also picked raspberries and relaxed with Grandpa :)
But just for a minute.  Most of the time we were on the move.


1 comment:

Jillian said...

ok your pictures look so good...you know what you are doing with the camera...I can't believe how much stuff you did in the weeks you were here. The cabin looks amazing in Bear lake...I don't like my fat belly hanging out in the pictures of us......I love you in the Johnny Money machine...and Riley looks so old and beautiful. I don't think I told you that when you were here. So fun to see you and can't wait until next year. Love ya!