Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Floors-1 Johnsons-0

After Thanksgiving dinner I noticed a little water under the dishwasher that led to this:
 Unfortunately the little leak had probably been dripping for quite some time, so we had to cut out the bottom of the cabinet under our sink to mop up water.  But Todd replaced the part and it has been fine ever since!  We just have a very large hole under the sink.  I threw a giant cutting board over it and it is good for now...right?
 
We should have stopped there, but we didn't.
We had plans to rip out our white carpet in two rooms and the floor in the entryway to replace with laminate.  It started out easy enough - the carpet was up and gone with ease.  Then we got to the entryway and discovered the hardwood had been GLUED to the concrete sub floor.  Not good.  Todd ripped up some of it, taking up the concrete floor with it.  It was sickening.  He stopped and we called in the pros.  To make a long story short, after a couple of days the job had changed from DIY with cheap laminate flooring to expensive, professional job with costly (but very nice) engineered hardwood. 
Unfortunately the only date they had for installation was December 26th.  Todd's parents are coming that day, so we had to move it back to January 7th.  It has been the longest two weeks of my life.  I am so not good at waiting.  I have a living room with concrete and an entry room with RIPPED up concrete.  It is super-duper nice. 
I am hoping the anticipation just makes it all worth it and I love it so much that the bill doesn't make me sick all over again. :)

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Hate DIY projects that turn into that. I'm sure it will look fabulous once it's in. :) Good luck on the waiting game.