Sunday, March 30, 2014

Early Christmas - November 18th, 2013


We've been wanting to do Disney World for awhile now...but I always back out because it is so overwhelming to plan everything.  Todd has a conference in Orlando every year, so I figured that was as good a time as any (can you say free hotel?).  Allegiant tickets from our little Owensboro airport were super cheap that week.  I took it as a sign and planned it all out.  One thing was for sure: it was going to be a surprise.  For the fun factor, and also for my sanity so I didn't have to deal with the anticipation (i.e., inability to wait and process the meaning of "one more month, one more week, one more day" etc...)
That Monday morning we got the kids up and ready for school just like any other day.  Then, when we sat down to read scriptures and have family prayer I asked if they wanted to open an early Christmas present. 
Of course they were game.
(Video)


There was a little confusion.  Charlotte may have cried. But once I explained that their bags were packed, their teachers had been notified, and that we were actually leaving to the airport THAT DAY, IN 15 MINUTES, they got the gist and went with it.
 






   
A few short hours later, we were at the Orlando JW Marriot swimming and splashing! 




         
Todd had his conference the whole time so I knew I would be on my own.  But I knew it would be okay.  I packed the stroller full of snacks and drinks and Tuesday morning Todd dropped us off at Sea World for day one of fun.
The girls loved taking pictures.  Carver wasn't so into it.



Riley and Macie braved the splash zone while Carver, Charlotte and I sat in the safe seats.









At the end of each day I let the kids all pick a little souvenir or toy from one of the gift shops. 
*Good bribery for good behavior*  Riley made a wise choice and sacrificed a key chain or stuffed penguin for the chance to feed and touch the dolphins.

Carver undoubtedly told Santa he wanted a monster truck for Christmas.


No comments: