Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hollywood Studios - November 20th, 2013

I debated whether to do Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios for our last day.  Rain was in the forecast so we went with Hollywood Studios thinking more of that would be inside or covered.  SOO glad we did.  It started raining about noon and continued to drizzle and downpour the remainder of the day.  I found it to be quite miserable, but the kids didn't even seem to notice.  The major drawback was that the stroller got soaked so Carver didn't have a place to nap.  And by day three he was ready.  If he would have had a dry stroller, I think he would have been out.  But he still did great.  
I had moments at Disney World where I had to be a brave momma or a completly insane momma.  I'm still not sure which it was.  There were a lot of rides that Riley went on by herself.  Girl has no fear.  We would usually wait for her at the end, or go to nearby rides and meet in the middle at the end.  A part of me feared she would be kidnapped for sure.  Another part of me knew it would be fine.  We just went with it. After a few rides by herself, Riley convinced Macie to go with her.  So my timid little Macie braved the Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, and other scary rides with just Riley to hold her hand! 
Since there weren't any lines they would go over and over and over.  One time, while Riley was on a ride, Macie, Charlotte, Carver and I waited at the end under some big trees for protection from the rain.  During the wait Carver had to go to the bathroom.  The rain had progressed to an all-out downpour.  The girls did not want to run through it to the bathroom.  So I picked up Carver and raced through the rain to the bathroom.  Left Macie and Charlotte alone with the stroller.  Left Riley alone on the ride.  Like I said - crazy.  But we all survived. That is why I don't have many pictures of the actual rides.  Usually I was just trying to keep everyone from being kidnapped.




 
















         




This is what pure joy looks like-





 (For the record- Macie wanted to sleep there.)


Exhausted and headed home at 5 a.m.!

I am so glad we did it.  I had so much fun watching the kids have fun!  My only regret is that we didn't start doing this the first year we got to Kentucky!

2 comments:

Taylor Kevan said...

So fun to see all the pictures from your trip!

Par 5 said...

Welp. Mother of the year goes to you...trophy's in the mail. ;)