Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of School

Since we have full day Kindergarten, Macie had a "jump start" day last Friday for two hours.  Just to break 'em in, I guess.  The first picture is of Macie on Friday.  All the rest are from today - the actual first full day for both.


Kindergarten


Second Grade


I convinced Macie to get a haircut when I took her to the mall for a little back-to-school shopping.  She hates it.  She tells me everyday.  It had to be done, though.  Her hair was incredibly thin and dry.  Now it is so much nicer.  They took off all the yuck. 
Notice that for her first day clothes she picked an outfit that isn't new.  Her outfit for tomorrow she picked out of her dirty clothes pile.  Today when she got home from school she promptly took out her hair elastics, slicked it down with water, and tried to pull it back into a ponytail.  She also changed her clothes.  I can't fight it. 
I've realized it is a battle I will never win. 



Poor Macie was exhausted when she got home.  She was totally grumpy, but she eventually sat down and sucked her thumb.  She even told me she was tired so we just cuddled for awhile.  It has got to be hard - going from nothing to all day.  She fell asleep about 5, but I quickly woke her up and made her eat dinner, then I put her to bed at about 6:30.  I hate it that school starts so early.  They have to be out the door by 7:10 (6:40 if they rode the bus, but they don't in the morning - just on the way home).  That means Todd gets home, we eat dinner, then the bed time ritual starts.  I feel like during the school year they just don't get to see enough of Dad.  He does take them to school every morning, so that is good.
I am proud of Riley for being a good big sister and taking Macie to her room and sitting by her on the bus. 
I had a great day at home with Charlotte and Carver. 
School is a good thing.
Once Mace gets used to all day Kindergarten, it will be a great thing.

1 comment:

Pat said...

What beautiful girls! We miss you. Shot 18 holes of golf with TC, Telford and Chris Brown Sat. morning. Went water skiing all day Friday and again Sat. afternoon. Slept through church today. Exausted. Love Grandpa Dale