Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kindergarten

When we went to Back to School Night we walked into Macie's class and her teacher, Mrs. Camron, exclaimed, "Well, you're almost as tall as I am!"

After her first couple of days at school, I asked Macie by whom she sits.
"I don't know.  Just some strangers," she replied.

Macie has referred to a "Mrs. Gum Drop" a number of times.  It took me a minute to realize that she is talking about Mrs. Montgomery, the teacher's aid.  I keep correcting her, but in her mind it is Gum Drop.

Each day I ask her what her favorite part was, and each day she responds, "Riding on the bus."

AND -almost forgot- Todd went to eat lunch with her on Friday.  At home she was super excited about it.  However, when Todd got there she was already seated at her table.  There wasn't room for Todd so the lunch lady told Mace she could move over to the next table to sit by Dad. 
"No. I don't want to."
So Todd sat at the other table and casually tried to interact with Mace.  At one point she turned around and said, "Dad, you can go home now."
I asked her about it when she got home and she explained, "I am just shy of him when he comes.  He is just a big, tall guy." 

6 comments:

Grant Family said...

Kids come up with the funniest things!! THis post reminds me of Isabel's first few weeks of Kindergarden. She kept telling me funny things that her "maids" at school would say to her. I asked who the "maids" were and she kept telling me its our helpers at school. It took a good few months for her to call them teachers AIDS. So funny!!! Good times. Our kids are growing too fast! Some days I love that they are growing, but some I just want them to stop it! Love ya.Hope you are doing good.

Amy J said...

I love that little girlie...she is a HOOT! The "Just some strangers" story has already been shared more than once today, and will surely be shared again! Lots of love to all your cute faces! <3

Automobile Birdsinger said...

LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I laughed so hard I cried.

Jeff and Rose said...

Macie and Lachlan could be friends. Seriously, she is SO confused about life, but she would rather die then tell us that she doesn't have a clue what is going on....

I honestly feel like I am raising Ramona Quimby most of the time.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

HAHAHA that is hilarious...he gets booted to the other table! :)

Buffy said...

ha, ha - Macie makes me laugh. He is just some big, tall guy :) Too funny